Graston is an Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization technique that enhances a clinician’s ability to detect adhesions, scar tissue or fascial restrictions in the affected areas. Clinicians use the stainless steel instruments to comb over and “catch” on fibrotic tissue, which helps identifies the areas of restriction. Once the tissue has been identified, the instruments are used to break up the scar tissue and restrictions that affect normal function.
With Graston/IASTM, scar tissue-like fibers are broken down allowing the body’s healing process to restarts, bringing in new nutrients and blood to the area, which allows the body to heal naturally.
Graston/IASTM speeds rehabilitation and recovery, reduces the need for anti-inflammatory medication and allows patients to continue everyday activities.
Graston/IASTM, is Clinically Proven to Achieve Quicker and Better Outcomes in Treating:
● Achilles Tendonitis ● Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ● Cervical Sprain/Strain
● Fibromyalgia ● Lateral Epicondylitis ● Lumbar Sprain/Strain
● Medial Epicondylitis ● Patellofemoral Disorders ● Plantar Fasciitis
● Rotator Cuff Tendonitis ● Scar Tissue ● Shin Splints ● Sports Injuries
The Graston/IASTM Technique:
● Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links
● Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
● Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the target area
● Increases fibroblasts and mast cell activity in the target area
● Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity
Dr. Boaz, Doctor of Physical Therapy, has been Graston Trained and is now offering IASTM in his office. Call 858-254-5433 to schedule an appointment today.